According to the official manufacturer, Instant Pots can last for at least a couple of years. However, if you take good care of it, an Instant Pot can typically last for five years or more.
Although the official website does not provide an exact figure, it is stated that Instant Pots are good for 100,000 uses; however, we do know that it has a one-year warranty, which guarantees its durability for at least a year.
Moreover, the components available for purchase on the authorized website of Instant Pot are intended to be substituted every couple of years, guaranteeing that you will probably utilize your Instant Pot for a minimum of two to five years.
What Do The People Say About Longevity?
Although some people claim that their pressure cookers malfunctioned after a few attempts, and others didn’t even get the opportunity to use them, the general agreement is that they should endure up to five years of frequent usage, provided that you replace the components as required.
When searching for products, reading reviews can be tricky as negative ones tend to receive more attention than positive ones, making it challenging to find a product with only positive reviews.
My decision was to reach out to individuals I am acquainted with who possess Instant Pots.
After conducting research both online and offline, it was discovered that the majority of Instant Pot owners are satisfied with their purchase. Although a small percentage (less than 3%) experienced malfunctions after only a few cooking cycles, they were able to receive a replacement unit by contacting customer support.
Several users have claimed that their Instant Pot lasted for over five years, with only a minimal expense of around $10 for replacing the sealing ring.
Some users have reported using their Instant Pot regularly for two years, around 2-4 times a week, and only experienced minor issues that they were able to resolve on their own.
Not adhering to the instructions and guidelines for the cooker was the primary cause of the issues encountered with their Instant Pots.
Has the Company Recalled Any Products?
Out of the 14 different models produced by the company, only the Gem 65 8-in-1 with batch codes 1728, 1730, 1731, 1734 and 1746 has been recalled due to being a fire hazard in 2018.
Are Instant Pots High-Quality Products?
Due to the materials used in its manufacturing process, Instant Pots are deemed to be of high quality. The construction of every Instant Pot involves the use of stainless steel, which includes a high-grade inner stainless steel pot and a 3-ply bottom.
The cooking pot, which is used for all cooking purposes, does not have any chemical coatings, and the Instant Pot has several safety features integrated into its design to prevent any pressure-related functions.
The Instant Pot’s superior quality is attributed to its safety features, which comprise
- Steam Release,
- Anti-block Shield,
- Safety Lid Lock,
- Lid Position Detection,
- Temperature control that is automated,
- Overheat Protection
- Pressure is regulated automatically,
- Electrical Fuse,
- Thermal Fuse
- Leaky Lid Detection
If you adhere to the instructions, all of the safety features will safeguard you while cooking and provide exceptional outcomes.
Can Instant Pot Parts Be Replaced?
If you have experienced the misfortune of damaging or wearing out a specific part of your Instant Pot, you have the option to replace that particular component.
Similar to other appliances, certain parts of the Instant Pot are more cost-effective to replace than others. For instance, replacing components such as condensation collectors, steam release handles, detachable power cords, and float valves is less expensive than larger portions like the base, lids, and inner pot portion which can be significantly pricier.
The official Instant Pot website provides a list of replaceable parts.
- Replacing the sealing ring every few years is necessary as it is the most delicate component of the Instant Pot, susceptible to wear and tear or damage.
- It is possible to substitute the stainless steel pot inside, but it is not necessary unless you misplace it since it was created to withstand harm.
- Base and lid of the Instant Pot can be replaced, although it may cost more than buying a new one. However, if you lose or damage them during the one-year warranty period, you cannot get them replaced for free unless they are faulty.
- It is possible to substitute the float valves, detachable power cord, condensation collectors, and steam release handles.
When it comes to the cost of Instant Pot parts, they can range from $10-100, with lids and bases being on the more expensive end. Typically, it is more economical to purchase replacement parts for smaller items that have been lost or damaged.
What Can I Do to Make My Instant Pot Last Longer?
- To ensure the longevity of your Instant Pot, it is important to remove any food particles that may become stuck after cooking. This can be achieved by either manually cleaning the pressure cooker with warm, soapy water or boiling a few drops of white vinegar.
- It is important to maintain the cleanliness of your float valves to prevent faster wear and tear or leakage.
- Avoid using your Instant Pot for frying as it can pose a safety hazard and also lead to rapid wear and tear of the appliance.
- After your Instant Pot is fully dry, keep it in a clean and dry place, and you may also add some baking soda inside to prevent bacterial growth.
- It is recommended to keep the sealing ring inside the lid when storing your Instant Pot.
- Perform a thorough maintenance check every three to six months to ensure that all components are functioning properly.
Do Instant Pots Save Money?
There is no doubt that the answer to this question is affirmative, no matter how you look at it.
- Instant Pots can assist in reducing eating out: Although take-out menus offer convenient and tasty meals without the hassle of cooking, they can become costly if frequently used, whereas Instant Pots provide a solution to this problem.
- Instant Pots are energy-efficient: Compared to traditional cooking methods, Instant Pots consume less electricity because they don’t require as much heat due to the absence of water needed for cooking. This is achieved through several features:
- Insulation in Instant Pots helps retain energy and prevent loss.
- Less water usage in Instant Pots means less energy is required to operate them.
- The internal temperature monitor in Instant Pots can detect when the food has reached the right temperature and stop adding heat, saving energy.
- The faster cooking time of Instant Pots means they need less energy to complete the job compared to other appliances.
- Instant Pots can help reduce energy consumption in households as they are designed with insulation that prevents the release of excessive heat, thereby eliminating the need to turn on air conditioning during summer while cooking, which keeps the kitchen cool.
- It is possible to prepare meals from basic ingredients and cut down on grocery expenses: Preparing meals from scratch is a cost-effective approach, especially when you consider the option of purchasing items in bulk and storing them in the freezer for future use.
- Cheaper cuts of meat can be used: If you avoid tougher cuts of meat while cooking on the stove or in the oven because they never come out tender and juicy, it is not an issue with the Instant Pot as it enables you to purchase these cheaper cuts of meat and still prepare tasty meals such as beef stew and chuck roasts.
- Leftovers: If your Instant Pot is big enough, you can prepare additional food during lunch or dinner and store it in the fridge for the following day, which not only prevents you from dining out but also ensures that all the food in your pantry is consumed.
Conclusion: How Long Do Instant Pots Last?
Investing in an Instant Pot can result in time and cost savings while offering a diverse range of delectable dishes with minimal exertion. With regular usage of 3-5 times per week, the Instant Pot is expected to last for a few years, and with appropriate maintenance, it may even endure longer.
It is crucial to clean and replace parts as necessary to maintain the Instant Pot’s longevity and guarantee its proper and safe functioning.
As someone who has used an Instant Pot for a considerable amount of time, I can confidently say that if mine were to malfunction, I would not hesitate to buy a replacement. This appliance has been incredibly useful to me and my interactions with customer support have been hassle-free, with all of my inquiries being resolved satisfactorily.
Besides, if my all-time favorite stops working, I won’t have to spend a fortune on a new one as they are quite cheap on Amazon.
You can also check this video about “How Long Do Instant Pots Last?”
Check out our top 10 reviews!