Typically, a well-maintained KitchenAid mixer can endure for over a decade. Throughout this period, you might need to move the appliance in and out of storage countless times, making it crucial to be aware of its weight.
Understanding the weight and size of both the KitchenAid mixer and its attachments is crucial in determining whether or not it meets our mobility requirements. This article will present my findings on various KitchenAid mixers and their attachments based on my research.
Now, let’s focus on the main question;
When it comes to weight, KitchenAid mixers can weigh anywhere from 20 to 30lbs depending on the specific model, while their height is typically around 13-15 inches and they occupy roughly one foot of counter space; as such, it’s recommended that you keep your KitchenAid mixer in a fixed location rather than moving it around for each use.
However, I must say that I do recommend getting a Portable Storage Bag for the KitchenAid Mixer. It is a very convenient way of carrying your KitchenAid stand mixer if you must take it with you or store it.
A table is provided below that displays the weight of several KitchenAid stand mixer models.
When compared to air fryers, slow cookers, and pressure cookers of the same cooking capacity, KitchenAid stand mixers are notably bigger, so it’s important to ensure that you have sufficient countertop space for the mixer or a convenient storage solution.
It is advisable to handle your KitchenAid mixer with care while storing it to prevent any damage or scratches on its parts. As these mixers are quite costly, even though you can find replacement parts online, it is still recommended to avoid any mishaps.
Apart from the carrying bag, there’s another alternative (which won’t make your KitchenAid mixer lighter to carry but it will protect it). The cloth cover comes in a wide variety of models and sizes. They’re available on Amazon.
How Much Does a KitchenAid Bowl Weigh?
|KitchenAid 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Glass Bowl||2.89 lbs|
|KitchenAid Stainless Steel Bowl 4.5-Quart||1 lb|
|KitchenAid 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Ceramic Bowl||6.6 lbs|
|KitchenAid Polished Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle||1.2 lbs|
How Many Quarts Is a KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
KitchenAid mixers come in different sizes, with the most commonly used ones having a capacity of 4.5 to 5 Quart, while larger models have a 7 Quart bowl, and there are also intermediate sizes available.
While it is possible to use a 5qt bowl on a 4.5qt KitchenAid mixer, not all attachments and sizes are interchangeable.
How Can I Tell How Big My KitchenAid Mixer Is?
To determine the size of your KitchenAid mixer, simply refer to the label that accompanies it, which contains sufficient information for determining its dimensions.
- Refer to the label of the mixer to determine its series, as each series including classic, commercial, professional, artisan, ultrapower, and pro-line has distinct models and sizes.
- The size of classic tilt-back style mixers is 4.5 Quarts.
- KitchenAid mixers that belong to the commercial series, Artisan, Pro 500, Professional Heavy Duty, Professional 5 Plus, and Ultrapower Tilt-Head have a size of 5 Quarts.
- The Professional series, such as the Professional 600 and Pro-Line models, have a capacity of up to 6 Quarts.
Here is another method that could be even more effective in determining the capacity of the mixer:
- Inspect the underside of the mixing bowl for a numerical value that begins with K
- The capacity of the bowl can be determined by the model number, where K4 indicates a 4 Quart capacity and K5 indicates a 5 Quart capacity.
Where Do I Store My KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
I have made the decision to leave my KitchenAid mixer on display permanently as it requires too much effort to constantly move it around, and furthermore, the appliance is aesthetically pleasing.
However, in the future, if I need to replace my equipment, I might have to resort to storing the KitchenAid mixer when it’s not in use.
If you cannot store your KitchenAid mixer on the corner of your countertop, then it’s time to explore other options.
- The most convenient method I have tried so far for storing my KitchenAid mixer is by keeping it in a roll-out drawer under my counter. However, it is crucial to ensure that the drawer is strong enough to support the weight of the mixer, as it weighs quite a bit, or else there is a possibility of damaging the tracks of the drawer.
- Swing-arm shelves are an ideal storage solution for your KitchenAid mixer, but it is crucial to ensure that they have enough strength to support its weight.
Additional, more apparent locations consist of;
- The garage
- Storage room
- The pantry
However, if the KitchenAid mixer is located far from the kitchen, it will require more effort to transport it.
No matter where you place it, I strongly recommend that you get a cloth cover to keep the appliance from collecting dust.
What Is the Largest Capacity KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
When examining the complete range of KitchenAid mixers, it becomes apparent that their size does not differ significantly, unlike other appliances like air fryers where there is a considerable difference between the smallest (around 1qt) and largest (12-16qt).
The KitchenAid mixer with the biggest size has a capacity of 8 quarts and can accommodate as much as 16 cups of flour in one go.
You can also check this video about “How Much Do KitchenAid Mixers Weigh? (Size & Capacity)”
Check out our 10 reviews!